The Illinois Marriage & Dissolution of Marriage Act addresses child support with respect to contributions towards the living expenses of a disabled adult child. The court may require contributions from either or both parent(s) or the estate of a deceased parent. An action for contribution can be filed at any time so long as the disability that supports the contribution action arose before the child turned twenty-five (25).

For more information regarding child support visit, and if you or someone you know need a divorce lawyer in Bloomington, IL, call the family law firm of Koth Gregory & Nieminski at 309-828-5090. Let us ease your burden and be your advocate.

Blog Disclaimer:

The intent of this Blog is to provide general information and should not be construed as legal advice. Koth, Gregory & Nieminski, P.C. does not represent/guarantee that the information in this Blog is current and the information is provided as is without any representation/warranty as to whether the information is current and without any representation/warranty as to applicability, reliability, merchantability, fitness, non-infringement, result, or any other matter. The existence of the blog, receipt of its information, and/or comments/questions do NOT create an attorney-client relationship between Koth, Gregory & Nieminski, P.C. or any of its attorneys. Please do not send Koth, Gregory & Nieminski, P.C. any confidential material or information. Viewers of this Blog should NOT act/refrain from acting based on information contained in this blog and Koth, Gregory & Nieminski, P.C. expressly disclaims all liability for actions/failures to act based on this Blog.